April 2008 Blog Posts
Are you afraid of success? What a silly question. Everybody wants to succeed - or do they?
Most of us fail a lot more often than we succeed, so we are used to failure. It may be disappointing, it may even hurt, but it’s something we’ve got to know over the years.
Success, on the other hand, plucks us right out of our comfort zone. If one of our dreams materialises, we venture into the unknown. If we get that promotion we crave, we will get a new office and have to learn a new set of skills. If we buy...
Does the thought of speaking in public make your heart sink into your stomach? If so, you're not alone. Many people are petrified of presenting their ideas in front of an audience, no matter what their learning style.
To discover your learning style, click here.
Fortunately, many public speaking techniques are available for you:
· use props,
· make eye contact with the audience,
· speak slowly,
· articulate well,
· move about with purpose (not nervously),
· use your hands to emphasise your point,
· breathe with the diaphragm,
· focus on someone in the back of the room (the audience won’t know),
Imagine if you could turn your classroom into a place of order, fun and learning....
Sounds too good to be true? How about achieving it all in just 4 easy steps?
Step 1: Light
· Did you know that some students’ brains thrive in bright light, while others get over-stimulated, hyperactive and stressed? Create “dim” areas in your classroom to calm down those students who find bright light too distracting. Using naturally darker corners, block light with filing cabinets or bookshelves, make a “cave” under one of the tables, or allow pupils to wear sunglasses indoors.
· Did you know that some brains switch off...
If you’ve watched or read “The Secret”, you will remember that one of the insights it imparts is the importance of loving yourself and treating yourself as number one from time to time. There is nothing selfish about paying attention to your own wellbeing. Feeling good about yourself enables you to give love to others.
Getting to know your working style will help you achieve the following:
· success at work
· harmony at home
· personal health
Getting to know your working style will make you appreciate yourself on a new level.
Getting to know your working style will change your life.
Says one of...