April 2011 Blog Posts
In a bid to determine what turns a date into a relationship, USA scientists studied the first dates and text conversations of college students. They discovered that couples whose language use was similar, tended to want to meet again and again.
About 80 percent of the couples whose conversational styles were similar were still dating three months after the experiment, compared with just 54 percent of couples whose styles were markedly different. The experiment looked at the use of function words such as "be" and "that". Here, at Creative Learning, we are proposing a much more intuitive test.
If you’re going to be around children this Easter, see whether you can spot a few elements of their Learning Style, depending on how they choose to participate in the activities.
· Those who love the Egg Hunt games, are probably kinesthetic.
· If they enjoy the puzzles and the clues, they must have a preference for analytic information processing.
· If they’ve painted the eggs, their information processing style is closer to holistic and their input preference is visual (external).
· If they love eating all the chocolate... they’re kids!
Whether Easter means chocolate, church, bunnies, eggs or just...
Creative Learning is a proud sponsor of the Auckland Rescue Helicopter Trust, a New Zealand accident and emergency rescue and transport service operated. They provide a dedicated 24-hour, seven day a week service. This service often makes a life or death difference for thousands of New Zealanders.
A Rescue Helicopter is necessary when:
a patient is very sick or badly injured
medics think getting to hospital quickly will make a big difference
an accident has occurred in a difficult location.
The Rescue Helicopters are like a fully equipped intensive care...
Everybody has their own unique learning style, in other words, a set of needs that determine the most optimal conditions for absorbing and understanding new concepts. It stands to reason, therefore, to capitalise on it and to make your learning effective, efficient and a real pleasure.
1. What you don’t know won’t hurt you. Right? Not really. What you don’t know about your own strengths can hurt you. Of course, you can function in a style that's wrong for you, it'll be at the cost of your stress levels and health. Besides, you will function a lot better when adhering to your own style.